Friday, February 15, 2008

N.O. Sleep - The Preparation


Time for a reminder here: I’m Dutch. I live in The Netherlands. That means watching the All-Star Game means being up all night, and sleep in the morning. That means 9 pm ET in the US, is 3 am Dutch time. Normally I have to work on Saturday, but since I won’t sleep Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night, I decided to take a day off. And since I never have to work on Monday, that means I have a three day weekend. An NBA All-Star Weekend.

So to start my Friday night I taped (or whatever you wanna call it these days) the Bulls-Heat game, which I’m currently watching. After that I’ll watch Inside the NBA, aired Thursday night, via NBA.com. When I’m done with that I’ll check out Conan, since I’ve got the most recent episodes on my computer. Then? I don’t know what time it is after that. All I know is that I probably will go to bed at 6 am, maybe later, sleep ‘til noon, go to a friend who became a daddy, then go to a friend’s birthday, be home by midnight to watch more basketball. Again go to bed on Sunday morning, sleep ‘til noon, and so on.

But I’m a smart man (insert Nelson, pointing at me: “haha!”), so I went into this prepared. I’ve got some food in the fridge, but that’s not enough, so Mr. Himself bought:

-Two small bottles of Gatorade
-Eight cans of Red Bull
-Tomato soup
-Milk (already have the cereal)
-Ice cream (I never buy ice cream, I don’t know why I did now)
-Bananas
-Orange juice
-A TV guide (I actually don’t need one, don’t ask)

These days I’m happy I bought myself a 37 inch LCD screen last year, it makes watching the game even better (and bragging about it is cool too). I’m logged on to NBA.com at all time, so I’m ready for some basketball action and fun from New Orleans. Bring it on.

No comments: