Saturday, February 16, 2008

N.O. Sleep – The Dunk Contest


This will be an event that’s the hardest for me to write about. I’m not good at naming dunks, so I’m not sure how to do this. Maybe I’ll just sit back and enjoy the whole thing, and hopefully Jamario Moon, Dwight Howard, Rudy Gay and Gerald Green will show us some amazing stuff by doing an amazing stuff.

Moon’s first: okay, well, he got in one attempt, safe dunk. Got a 37.
Gay’s first: looked stylish, yet didn’t get me out of my seat. Score: 46.
Howard’s first: I thought he was going to crash the basket with his head. Reminded me of the Iguodala dunk of two years ago, only better. The first 50 of the night.
Green: the “birthday cake” dunk. Wow. Very creative, tough to do, yet only got a 46. I loved that dunk.

Gay’s second: teammate Kyle Lowry threw it up, and Gay was just floating in mid-air to catch and slam it. A 48 this time..
Moon’s second: looked better in replay, but I doubt this will get him into the final round. Score: 44.
Green’s second: you can say a whole lot about Green, but he’s innovative, that’s for sure. Then again, he had plenty of time to think about it since he’s on the T-Wolves. I liked it. The judges? 45. Hm.
Howard’s second: is it a bird? Is it a plane? Nope. Dwight! Brilliant pass by Jameer Nelson by the way.

Final

Green’s first: McCants has some trouble in giving the pass, but when it finally does happen, Green pulled it off.
Howard’s first: the ball-slap dunk! He already did that on youtube, still impressive, better in replay.

Green’s second: took off his shoes, signed them, and did a between-the-legs dunk on his socks. Now that rocks.
Howard’s second: there’s a tiny little basket on the normal basket. A normal ball is placed on the little basket. First attempt failed, second attempt he jumped, took the ball off the little rim, and windmills it through. Wow.

Time to vote….

And Dwight won! A year too late, but maybe that was good thing. Because we saw some great dunks today, and to me, it might’ve been the best dunk contest since 2000. And now ladies and gentlemen, night two has ended for me. My bed is calling me.

No comments: