Wednesday, April 8, 2009

No Breaks Allowed, Part 8

The “No Breaks Allowed” posts are my way to write about all the stuff that happens around the League which finds a place in my peanut-sized gray mass (also known as my brain), and sometimes it has to come out. Why are these posts numbered? I don’t know, but might as well keep it going.

-Biggest news? Manu not coming back until next season. But I still believe that with a healthy Tim Duncan (let’s hope his knees will hold up) the Spurs are still able to make the Western Conference Finals. If you don’t believe it, Pop will make you do push-ups ‘til you do.

-I wish I saw more of the Blazers this season. What a fun team. I’m impressed by how this group of players is really working well together; everybody knows their role, everybody is happy to be there. I really hope that their season will go on for a while. They’re probably playing the Rockets in the first round, who are obviously a tough match-up. But who knows, maybe the Blazers can impress me even more.

-What’s the deal with the Nets? My team’s season is almost over, and what happens? Two good games: beating the Pistons and demolishing the Sixers. By the way, I don’t know why, but the Nets are 4-0 against Philadelphia this season, including the incredible half-court heave by Harris, and Sunday’s 29-point bashing. But they also lost against the Bulls between those two wins, yet I try to remain optimistic.

-The channel that’s airing NBA games in The Netherlands has three NBA broadcasts a week. As far as I know, they’ll bring it back to two during the playoffs, and trust me, I’m pissed. Now I have to find low-quality streams, and even if they’re alright, my laptop doesn’t like it when I watch streaming videos on the internet very much, so that means a lot of lagging. Horrible.

-Shaq to the Mavs? If that happens, and Jason Kidd stays, these are two players who could bring Dallas its first NBA title ever. If it was 2002.

-Speaking of Shaq: I might be one of the few people in the world who doesn’t give a damn about twittering. I don’t twitter, I don’t follow any, and am not planning to. I’m the Jerry Sloan of twitter. Players claim it to be a wonderful thing, communicating with the fans in a direct way, saying things you want to say instead of using a reporter to do that. Isn’t that why they invented blogs a couple of years ago? What’s even worse is that people like me and you are on twitter. Who the hell wants to read that? “Doing groceries” “Got a haircut!” etc. So what?

-I miss Leon Powe. And KG of course, but Powe really is my kind of player. Hope they’re both healthy in a week or so.

-The Kings gave up 120 ppg in the last eight games (winning only one of them). That’s a sad thing if you’re a Kings fan, because I doubt there will be huge changes this summer. Unless they have the first pick in the Draft.

-I gave it a lot of thought, but I can’t see a single team being a good fit for AI at this point in his career. I love Iverson for everything he has done, especially when he was a Sixer, but what should he do now? Post comments below if you’ve got a great idea.

3 comments:

Moose said...

This blog needs to be read, it's great. I'll give it some shouts out in my next post for my blog and I'll do my part to try to make it more popular.

-Gerard Himself- said...

Moose, really appreciate it.

Moose said...

Anytime.